I can only imagine God's love for me...

Monday, February 05, 2007

Grampians 2007 - COMPLETED!

Yet another EVENTFUL camping trip up the mountains!


[DAY 1]

Shannon (My housemate), Rachel (The cook as she was the only female) and Me (Sai Kang Warrior!) headed off to Grampians at appx. 7plus 8pm on Sat night and yes by the time we reached the campsite after a long, dark and bumpy road along Mt Difficult road (that's the real name of the road we took) we finally started setting up our campsite at 1am.


Being a different tent from the last one I rented.. we had a tough moment trying to figure out how to pitch the tent in the dark.. but somehow we did it... and we had a tent to sleep in...


[Day 2]

Woke up at about 10am and started to relax in the sun and had some breakfast compliments of our wonderful chef who prepared Spaghetti!!! Who says one cant have good tasting food during camping? haha.. oh well after slacking in the sun and enjoying the company of one another we broke tent and headed off to Mackenzie Falls! This is a largest water fall I have seen (but I know the largest I ever will see and hopefully soon would be the Niagara Falls.) thus far and I love the sight and sound of the gushing water. We took some photos at the falls and hiked our way up the falls again which really took a toll on our bodies and esp for me with the asthma I just recovered from not too long ago but good thing for me I had my handy puff and things were good!

After the falls we then head to Halls Gap town centre where we got a proper map from the information center and headed to grab some ice cream and beer.

moving on we headed to a recommended Lake where we went in for a dip and relaxed as we basked in the sun.. and cheeky Rach drew a smilely face on my back with the sun block I asked her to spread over my back for me.. and yes thus I have a Solar tattoo on my back now...


Anyway to beat the Sun and have enough time to pitch the tent again and gather wood for a camp fire we plan to have in the night we headed off to a new campsite.

Upon reaching the campsite and unloading the car... we realised that we had a flat tyre and my oh my were we panicky... and anyway to cut the long story short we removed the flat only to realise that we were on uneven grounds and the suspension had lowered as soon as we removed the flat..


**Ting** Suddenly Rachel had a smart idea... why dont we dig the soil so that we could have a lower area of the ground to replace the new tyre.. Immediately Mr Sai Kang warrior started to dig the soil with the hammer he brought... (supposedly to hammer tent pegs to the grounds but this tent had no pegs...)

and finally we were set and things were back to relax mode again... had dinner and chilled watching the sky turn dark as we sat and chatted beside the camp fire.


****Geez I am getting sleepy**** TO BE CONTINUED******


Pictures speak a thousand words so I'll let them do the talking for now!


No comments: