I can only imagine God's love for me...

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day Special

A happy valentine's day cum friendship day to all my readers.

Well, its comes the time of the year again where florist and gifts shops have that sudden bloom in sales. Even with bouquets of flowers ranging from $68 - $288 and above and wallets burnt, some lucky girls would still be parading the streets with flowers given to them by their loved ones.

A friend mentioned when I wished him a happy friendship day that friendship day was created by the lonely people on valentine's day. True? or False? I'll leave the decision to you.

Personally, I have never had the opp. to celebrate Valentine's day with anyone. The reason is simple. Of all my relationships in the past, they either started after V-day or ended before V-day came again. Had some 1year long relationships but everyone of them had a major dispute before V-day arrived.. haha.. unlucky? to a certain extend but lucky cos i save my wallet from being "extorted" by those ridiculously expensive flowers and gifts.. (no I am not a cheapskate and I would slurge on the ones I love even if it means that I'll have to rely on instant noodles the next week.)

Anyway, guess it's going to be another date-less v-day for me and fret not I'm not affected.
Will the streets be busy? Won't wanna go out if it is.. hate crowds...

To you who doesn't know:

Here there are not tears enough to tell you
All the love I have within my heart,
Plainly to proclaim my love before you,
Put with simple grace and little art.
Yet I mustn't try, though love ought not be hidden,
Veiled for fear of nakedness if known,
Afraid to enter silences unbidden
Lest it should have to cross the stage alone.
Even so, love needs the wings of words:
No truth is not transfigured by expression.
The heart of love, like those of captured birds,
Interred too long succumbs to its depression.
Nor are words enough, for love is more
Elusive than a verbal net can hold,
Singing like a sea across my shore,
Dancing back, white fold on endless folds.
All I am and have I give to you,
Yet love is more, and even so may not be enough for you.

4 comments:

Sharon Chew's blog said...

wah...so smart...the first line spells out happy valentine's day one ah...

shar

Desiderata✿ said...

here's a lame flower for you:

@-}---

baboosh!

Desiderata✿ said...

ooh ooh! i didn't realise about the poem until your friend pointed it out!!

lemme copy this into my blog too ok? will credit. hahaha :D

xodus said...

haha yeah.. cool right? found this poem and edited it alittle to fit my perfect feelings.

hee hee... Thanks for the lame flower!