I can only imagine God's love for me...

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Blue Heelers!


For the very first time in my 2 1/2 years stay in Melbourne I finally saw the efficiency of the Melbourne blue heelers today!

Setting off for dinner at Pacific House as I was traveling along princess highway a silver BMW started to ruffle my feathers and got me alittle road rage... I down shifted and gave him abit of my exhaust "if you know what I mean"... Shortly after I turned off into another road where I was held up by traffic at the lights... My friend was just behind in another car and suddenly I noticed a police car driving on the opp. Direction in the opp. side of the road.. (Which meant that the police car was driving in the same direction as me but in the oncoming traffic lane. REMINDER: Still stuck at the lights)

As soon as the cop car reach the traffic light he then swerved left and block the traffic. Seeing that was surprising! Hm.. I thought to myself.. What's going on when suddenly I see a policeman rush out of the car and started dashing towards the direction of my car. While he was doing that he also took out his retractable baton and flashed it out.

Fear engulfed me as I thought he was coming towards me for going over the speed limit... (but in such an aggressive manner?) I was as puzzled as I was fearful...

A quick check on my rear view mirror eased my tension. 2 cars behind me, a red BMW, was being surrounded by cops in a mere 5 secs.. I saw a policeman drawing out their guns and pointing it at the BMW... in the mean time pulling out 3 suspects in the process..

Phew.. anyway the swiftness of the whole operation really shocked me! After some discussion, the group of us who saw the whole scenario speculated that I could have been a kidnapping as there was a baby in the car (only bought out of the car after the 3 suspects were handcuffed and made to lie on the road).

Geez I had better check the news for details of what actually happened man and boy was I glad that they weren't coming for me for going over the speed limit by 5km/h? haha...

1 comment:

sharonista said...

so exciting!! haha! highway drama!!!