I can only imagine God's love for me...

Monday, November 21, 2005

Camping in the Wilderness..

Date: 19th - 21st Nov 2005
Location: Grampians National Park
Full time campers: Anna, Brian, Sharon and Myself
Part-time Fishermans: Amanda, Chester and Darren

After a hearty meal of Burnette's breakfast, the happy campers and fishmongers set off to find the PERFECT location in the Grampians for camping and fishing.. It was a good thing that we had Darren's car coming along for the day as NXM's butt was too small to fit all the camping gear and supplies..

appx 4 hours later... We reached 'HALLS GAP' commercialised camping area with 'FULL' facilities provided.. and a row of restuarants and convinence stalls on the opp. side of the road...

After gathering some information, the majority of the camper agreed that we should find a more secluded campsite to have the ULIMATE camping adventure.. Travelling appx 1/2 hour more up the winding mountain passes and dirt tracks... We finally found the BEST spot to be our exclusive home for the next 3 days... During this period of time Darren and his fish mongers had gone to catch 15 BIG fishes... We were gonna get donated 2 of their smallest catches of the day...

After setting up the tents and all, we realized that THERE WAS NO RECEPTION!!!!!!! (Duh.. not a table with beautiful girls..) There was no mobile phone reception...

It's okie! Darren and the gang knew where we were and they said they'll be fishing for appx 2 hours or so... so the adventurous 4 headed off to Makenize falls to view the awesomness of God's creation! The view was magnificant and the climb was mac-crazy! Anyway after resting and relaxing at the falls.. we headed back to our 'home' to set up.. Anna and I were supposed to rest and make dinner while Sharon and Brian we supposed to get back to civilsation to reach the fisherman and worm girl to get the rest of our stuff and also fill the tank...

1hr 15mins hours went by....
I woke up looking at the time, shocked to see Shar and Brian not back yet... Thinking that they were on their way back I set up the stove for some coffee... 15 mins later... I saw a BMW in all its shining glory driving through the dirt track.. HEY Darren is here... yeah water supply and some stuff were here!!

Deep in thoughts I asked, did Shar and Brian contacted you guys??? 'Nope' was the reply.. There was no reception where they were too.. 'Oh oh... 2 hours and counting...'

Disturbed and worried...

Anyway to cut the story shorter... 3 hours later I saw a 24hr mechanic Van drive by and told Anna hey wouldn't that come in handy?? Imagine NXM breaking down up here we would have a 24hr mechanic camping next to us...

SUDDENLY it occurred!!! I ran up to peek and saw Brian and Sharon coming out of the VAN!!!!!!!!!!! Brian had pumped diesel in to the tank causing the car to breakdown in Halls Gap...
Oh no!!!!!! no reception no vehicle!!! Man!! What an exprience!!! Worried yet excited.. I decided to drop the issue because it was just a 'boo boo' and also that we could enjoy the camp!

*** The days went by and on the final day while Brian and Anna had gone out to find water... i heard the very familiar sound of the exhuast in a distance... Vroooomm... NXM is back!!!

And that's how we are back here in Melbourne now.. Man! I definately ENJOYED myself!!!!!!
I went seeking for an adventure but in the end it was the adventure that seeked me!

Definately a story to keep and tell!***


*******Photos will be up soon! Too much to say so view and enjoy!********

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a weekend to remember! :)